Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lunch Link: The Lovely, Odd World of Tom DesLongchamp

The good friend of a childhood buddy, Tom Deslongchamp's art, animation and bizzarely original creativity has kept me captivated since middle school.

So, dear readers of Threeow, I thought I'd share the proverbial love.

Tom's world of  kids, creatures, music, and talking hot dogs operates by a rigorous internal logic that is obviously there, somewhere, but terribly difficult to articulate.
His art by turns inspires, entertains and disturbs - often all at once. If you get it, you'll love it.

Thoroughly explore the archives -going back to '99- at his website.

Here's a live film "About Dogs":

About Dogs from Tom DesLongchamp on Vimeo.


And a personal favorite:

Earl Boone Is Alive from Tom DesLongchamp on Vimeo.


Also make sure to check out Tom's recent webcomic The Nose.

I hope you smile with me at a bright, strange mind.
Keep it up Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment